Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Throne of Glass by Sarah J.Maas

Throne Of Glass

by Sarah J. Maas


Finally finished with this one!  I was disappointed because I really thought I was going to love it.  I listened to the audiobook and maybe that's one of my problems, because the narrator sounded like a valley girl sometimes and it just irritated me.  Anyway, on to the book.

First of all, I hate love triangles.  I didn't actually know this was going to have one.  Serves me right for not reading the synopsis all the way through.  Almost the entire book was about the love triangle and her hormones and thinking about how handsome the two guys are.  I wish Chaol had smacked more sense into her.  I think that, for the most part, love triangles are a way for an author to add tension between the characters without having to put much thought into it.  And it's annoying. 

I probably would have still liked the book, even with the love triangle, if the characters had interested me at all.  Celaena as a character didn't have much depth to her.  I think the author tried to give her some interesting dynamics by making her an assassin as well as a girly girl, but she just came off as shallow and Mary Sue-ish.

Chaol was by far the most interesting character and I liked that the author kept me wondering what exactly was going in in his head.

I really wish I had liked this book more.  It would be perfect for someone who likes (or doesn't mind) love triangles and YA characters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment