Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

 
 
 

Intertwined

by Gena Showalter


There’s something about the new guy at Crossroads High…

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time travel.
One can raise the dead.
One can possess another human.
One can tell the future.

Everyone thinks he’s crazy, which is why he’s spent his entire life shuffled between mental institutions and juvie. All of that is about to change, however. For months Aden has been having visions of a beautiful girl—a girl who carries centuries-old secrets. A girl who will either save him or destroy him.

Together they’ll enter a dark world of intrigue and danger... but not everyone will come out alive.




I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book at first.  It started somewhat slow, and there was a part where I was afraid it was going to turn into the YA, love-at-first-sight, we're fated to be together even though we're still in high school type thing.  I was prepared to put the book away at that point.

***spoiler***

There is some of that, but it is a lot more subtle***


I kept with it and was pleasantly surprised when I found myself hooked and truly caring what happened to the characters.
What kept me coming back to the book was the very interesting concept of four separate souls inhabiting one boy's body.  Well, five, if you count said boy.  Of course he is considered schizophrenic, which just adds even more interest and tension to the story. 
The only bad thing I could say is that there was a lot going on in this book.  A lot.  Eventually it all came together, but at first it seemed like the author was just trying to dump as much stuff in the story as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment