Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

In Bed With A Rogue by Samantha Grace

In Bed With A Rogue

by Samantha Grace




He's the Talk of the Town

The whole town is tittering about Baron Sebastian Thorne having been jilted at the altar. Every move he makes ends up in the gossip columns. Tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes, Sebastian vows to restore his family's reputation no matter what it takes.

She's the Toast of the Ton

Feted by the crème of society, the beautiful widow Lady Prestwick is a vision of all that is proper. But Helena is no angel, and when Sebastian uncovers her dark secret, he's quick to press his advantage. In order to keep her hard-won good name, Helen will have to make a deal with the devil. But she's got some tricks up her sleeves to keep this notorious rogue on his toes...




*I received an ARC copy via Netgalley*

It's been a while since I've read any historical romance.  I gave up on them for a while because every heroine I came across irritated me to no end.  It was like every author went out of their way to make them stubborn as a mule and TSTL(too stupid to live). 

I didn't know what to expect when I requested In Bed With A Rogue, but I was sure that I was going to have the same issue with the heroine as I usually do.  I was very pleasantly surprised to find a heroine who wasn't TSTL, and I was overjoyed when the author put her in several situations when it would have been easy for Helena to act stupidly.  And then she used her head and communicated with her friends!  She was very independent and intelligent and while she didn't let Sebastian run roughshod over her, she also didn't act stubborn just for the sake of it.

Sebastian has to be one of my all-time favorite heroes.  He is a very sweet man who cares very deeply for his family and isn't afraid to show it.  He has a wicked sense of humor and I loved hearing about his past antics. He was the absolute perfect hero to match with Helena.

The absolute best thing about this book was the communication between the two characters.  They discussed their feelings and their fears.  It made their love more believable and real for me.

The only problem I have is that the book's synopsis makes Sebastian sound like a scoundrel who uses Helena's secret to get her in bed with him, and that may be off-putting to some people.

Definitely a book I would recommend for people who love historical romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment