Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Eden's Fire by Samantha Holt

Eden's Fire

by

21449085A god. A mortal. A treacherous journey that will bind their hearts forever.

Lonely and cast out of society, Eden gets a visit from Tyondric, God of Fire, in answer to a prayer. Gods can only appear once in a person's lifetime, so when he returns a second and third time, she knows her life will never be the same. When the beautiful god reveals Eden is The Pure Soul--the only one who can close the gate to the heavens and prevent the evil in Ananthuria from spreading--their relationship gets complicated.

Ty is willing to break every rule to save the world. And to save Eden.

As they set out on their dangerous journey to the gate Eden is kissed by the god. It's then she realizes Ty holds the power to break through every wall she's erected around herself and force his way into her heart. But what will happen when they close the gate and the world returns to normal? Can a mortal and a god ever be together? And with an evil lord on their trail, will they even succeed?

CONTENT WARNING: Contains sensually erotic scenes, a snarky heroine and a gorgeous god.


I just couldn't finish this one.  Even after reading the first page I suspected I wouldn't like it, and by the end of the first chapter I was sure I didn't. 
The writing wasn't what I normally like and I couldn't find anything interesting about the characters. 

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for sending me a free review copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment