Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Body Language Quick & Easy by Richard Webster

Body Language Quick & Easy

by Richard Webster

 
18126468Words can be lies, but body language always tells the truth

They say actions speak louder than words, but what are those actions really saying? Body Language Quick & Easy shows you how to use the hidden communication of the body to improve your relationships, build confidence, understand your friends and colleagues, and even be able to tell when people are lying.

Explore the secret codes of unconscious communication that most people don't even know exist. Use your understanding of the body to influence others, interpret motivations, and achieve goals at work. Making a good first impression and gaining rapport is easy when you know how to use body language.
 
 
I have always been interested in body language and the 'tells' that we unconsciously give off.  I used to watch the show "Lie To Me" constantly...though a lot of that may have been because of Tim Roth.
This was a good look at body language and how you can tell certain things about someone's emotional status while you're talking to them.  It's titled "Quick and Easy" so I didn't expect it to go into a huge amount of detail and wasn't disappointed with what I read.  I do wish a few things had been expanded, though.  I would have liked to hear more about micro-expressions and less about what anger/sadness/fear/surprise looks like.  I think most people are already pretty aware of those expressions. 
It was an interesting book and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a simple, overall look at body language.
 
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for sending me a review copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment